Sunday, October 11, 2009

Keep on Keeping on

I wanted to talk about being able to continue the journey of weight loss and how do I keep going everyday without throwing in the towel. How do I keep it as a priority everyday when life can get in the way.

It has been a tough month for me and I am sure that everybody has these I have been back at University for a couple of months and I have one month to go its a very intensive way of doing things they cram a lot of work into a very short period of time and as always I had the best intentions for the semester and started off really well for the first month started slipping badly in the second month so here I am now having to put some serious work in for the last month were I have assessment due and exams to sit.

Weight loss can be like this as well the one thing that I let slip is my exercise it seems to be the one thing that I let go as soon as things get a bit tough and really its the one thing I should make sure is a part of my daily schedule like getting out of bed or having a shower. Because I always feel better after, very positive the endorphins check in and things look great for the rest of the day.

I have struggled this month with life in general, getting me into situations I would much rather avoid, being late with assessment not as switched on at work and not doing any where near enough exercise so I will now have to start again with my fitness. Is this a big reason why I am overweight or does being overweight contribute to the anxiety and depression maybe this is a question for the scientific researchers. Does my personality contribute to me being overweight or does the fact that I am overweight contribute to the feelings of anxiety and depression.

I have a stubborn streak and I am sure it contributes to the situations I get into and it is not good for my weight loss as well as being a problem for my health as my body does not like certain foods. I have all the best intentions to lose weight and be healthy but sometimes I break out I get what I call stubborn and I go well why can't I eat what I want to why can't I have that cheese cake or chocolate bar I deserve a treat just like anybody else I am sick of this and I break out as I did yesterday and I am paying for it today. Is this just the child in us throwing a tantrum and stamping our feet and feeling really silly for being so obnoxious and indulgent. I think it is exactly what I do every binge is just throwing a tantrum against the world and all those tantrums do is hurt me but then again sometimes I need to express how I am feeling I just need a better way of doing it.

Recognising that's what we are doing helps allot and next time when I decide to throw a tantrum I need to do it differently, call a friend, put on some really loud music do some exercise yell at the traffic I need to find a better way of expressing my feelings and anxiety because shoving inappropriate food in my mouth is not working for me.

My weight loss journey has been full of surprises, I have been focusing on myself and why I do things and how I use food for a lot of other things not just as nutrition. It can be a little uncomfortable facing things about yourself you had ignored or had swept under the carpet. If I want to be successful I have to face a lot of those things that are uncomfortable because eating has been my way of hiding them and if I am not hiding the things that make me feel uncomfortable with food I have to find another way to deal with emotions and situations that I normally would use food to deal with.

My attitude is that I may have a day every now and again that I don't do so well with my calories and what I eat but if I can have more days doing well living a healthy lifestyle eating foods that I know are good for me and doing some deliberate exercise I will string a few of them together and then a week and then a month it has been about six weeks now since the last time so with a bit of luck over a period of time my indulgences will be kept for special occasions and not be a regular occurrence.

So to improve my health and lose the weight I want to lose I needs to just Keep on Keeping on, make changes when I need to and remember what I have learned about myself and living a healthy lifestyle and practice being healthy everyday.

Have a great day

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment