Monday, September 21, 2009

Weigh In Post

Today I weighed in at 145kg or 319lb I have been around this weight for a couple of months and I need to give myself a kickstart to get it moving again. Definitely not enough excercise and a few empty calories over this time would not have helped. The main culprit is that I am back at University and my priorities have shifted. I need to make sure I can balance this new lifestyle the positive thing is that normally if I was not watching closely and was eating the way I used to I would have put on weight so I am definitely doing somethings right.

I subscribe to a couple of other bloggers and just by chance they happen to be men they are at two extremes of the weight loss agenda both had a lot of weight to loose. One has followed a very stricked diet and still does the other counts calories and as long as the item is in his calorie range he eats it and they both excercise one exercises a lot the other exerises regularly. Two very different ways of losing weight both successful. I do a combination I count calories and I restrict certain foods I also excercise although inconsistently. Losing weight is a very personal thing and what these two super losers (weight that is) have taught me I have to do it my way and what works for me because everybody is different.

A couple of my biggest issues are emotional eating, binge eating, sugar and simple carb cravings and lack of excercise, I got to a stage were I was very uncomfortable moving so I didn't. With the help of Sparkpeople I have been able to modify my diet so that I don't crave the sugar and simple carbs my binge eating is completely under control the final hurdle really is the emotional eating I still struggle with this one. I excercise I really enjoy swimming so I started to swim I now do 1600 metres or 1 mile regularly I have just started some strength or resistance training moves, I wouldn't call it training just yet, I need to get some consistency with my excercise.

I got a little angry with myself on the weekend I live no more than 500mtres to the beach but I rarely go there. I think its because I decided to go to the beach I should be exercising. I don't like walking as in power walking getting all sweaty not being able to breath I don't enjoy that sort of walk. I really enjoy walking just walking enjoying the scenery and being outdoors and strolling along talking to people and patting there dogs. So I decided thats what I will do so this morning I got up a bit earlier chucked on some shorts and a top and strolled down to the beach and enjoyed half and hour strolling. What a great way to start the day the sun coming up over the water strolling on one of the nicest beaches on the east coast.

We need to do what we like doing and we need to be able to live with our choices for a lifetime.

Thanks Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment