Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Milestones and Victories

Its a part of life to celebrate milestones and victories and as a part of the weight loss journey its very important. The celebrations help with motivation and the victories remind you of why you are making weight loss a part of your life.

This week a made a milestone I weighed in at 139.5kg or 307lb this means I have lost over 27kg or 60lb. This is one of the goals I had set so I have achieved that goal. My next goal will be to go under 300lb I don't worry about how long it takes to get there as long as I am always moving in the right direction. Because I have decided I will never see that weight on my scales again this is the last time I am going to do this so it doesn't matter how long it takes, speed is not my priority I want to lose the weight and never see it again. Losing weight quickly has never been successful for me and in the past I have used pills and potions, not this time I have made a plan and I am sticking to it.

I have had a few victories this month, I was able to wear what I call do up pants you might laugh but do ups are serious. I have been wearing pull ups for so long you would think that I was a slow learner in potty training. Doing up a button on pants that I couldn't even get up at the beginning of the year was exciting and worthy of note, I also had a work Christmas dinner to attend and I got a dress out to wear that I had never worn and it was too big, way too big there is no way I could have warn it, so I went down to the these don't fit yet section of the wardrobe (I have always got clothes that I have bought that are too small, always purchased with the idea that I will lose weight)and found a dress I thought I would try, put it on and it was a little bit tight but I could get away with it. When I arrived at the dinner I was greeted with heaps of compliments and soaked it up and had a great time.

You really have to celebrate these victories and use them as motivation to keep going on the journey to be healthier. I am back swimming nearly everyday and the pleasure and confidence I get from being able to swim that bit further or that bit faster makes my day. Exercise makes you feel so much better life is hard and you add on trying to lose weight you need all the help you can get, regular exercise makes you feel in control and powerful and it gives you plenty of encouragement by showing you how much your body has improved on a regular basis.

This journey is long and difficult I found the best way to keep continuing is to have realistic goals celebrate the victories and give the people around you an opportunity to help and support you. Small goals add up I was very daunted by what I needed to lose to get to my goal weight so I have broken it down into 5 kilo or 10lb goals I don't look at the end I just look at the next 5 kilo's that I have to lose and if it takes me a month or two months it doesn't matter, as long as I am focused on reaching the next milestone.

The New Year will be here soon and I know its going to be a really great one full of milestones and victories to celebrate and lots of support from my friends. I am really confident that I am on the right track now and this year has taught me a great deal about myself and about what I want and need and what I have to do to get what I want.

There is only one real answer eat well and exercise, now that I have found the answer the sky is the limit.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment